Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Spaghetti O's and Coke Zero


I knew things were going to be changing around here, but already there are things happening that I didn't see coming. Yesterday, there were two of them. First, I ALWAYS have can of pop sometime in the morning....Coke Zero - either Vanilla or Cherry. But, we started band camp at LCS and yesterday and I was out of my routine. At about 2:00, I realized that I had NOT had any pop all day so far....and you know what, I was OK! Might just be the start of a new GOOD habit. Then, yesterday afternoon I was grocery shopping to get organized for packing lunches and guess what I found in my cart.....a can of Spaghetti O's! When I got them home, Andrew had to ask me what they were - I have NEVER bought Spaghetti O's. I'm not a total health food nut, but I do work hard to try to keep us eating fairly healthy, but I really don't think any of my kids have EVER had them. Wonder what other changes we'll find today. :-)

2 comments:

Brenda said...

AS a kid I LOVED Spaghetteos. I'm not such a fan now but all kids should try them! They are as american as apple pie! I am trying to cut back on the pop too. Hard.

missy said...

i saw some college guys at wal-mart in the spaghettio's aisle saying, "dude, you don't even need a pot for these. you can just open them up and heat them on the stovetop right in the can." at least you're not that bad...yet! :)