Tuesday, August 19, 2008

D-Day

Today was D-Day for us .... the first day of school. We survived, but it was a little rough at times. I told someone that it was very much like sending your kid off to Kindergarten...only I am doing all three of them at once - and I have had an extra 10 years to get attached to having them around!

First thing in the morning, we gathered together in the entryway of the elementary school with all of the kids, staff, and parents and prayed together and sang together - and I cried and cried. I found one kid crying at lunch time and the guidance counselor said that another one was crying and asking for me in the afternoon. At one point in the afternoon, I found myself locked in a bathroom stall crying myself!! :-) For those of you who are homeschooling now, let me encourage you to CHERISH the time you have with your kids....no matter HOW crazy they are driving you and how much you have to battle with them to get their work done!! Anyway, for the most part, everything was good, although a couple of the kids had some rough spots to work through. And, by the time picked them up, Andrew said "Mom - that was SO AWESOME!! Could we come back again tomorrow?". Leave it to Andrew to lighten the mood for all of us!

Please continue to pray for our adjustment. We still completely feel that God has placed us there for a purpose, and that helps us to get through the tough times.

3 comments:

asian~treasures said...

I needed to read your words today. Micah didn't nap & has pushed nearly EVERY button today...THANKS. (Although, if someone wanted him for the afternoon, I'd let them have him...IF he was home by suppertime!)

Sheri

Tami said...

Oh Emiley,

I'm so sorry it was such a rough day. Each one will get easier. Hang in there.

Love you,
Tami

Brenda said...

((((((((((hugs))))))) and prayers.