Friday, August 1, 2008

Back to school.....BIG TIME!!

Back to school has BIG meaning at our house these days! After 12 years of being out of the classroom, and 11 years of homeschooling, the kids and I are ALL going to school! I accepted a teaching position at Lincoln Christian School and the kids will be joining me there starting in 2 short weeks. We are excited, nervous, thankful, scared, overwhelmed, and a myriad of other emotions...but are feeling a great sense of peace that this is just what God has planned for us. I wasn't looking for a job, and we weren't really looking to send our kids to school, but all of the pieces (and there were many!) have just perfectly fallen into place to make this work.

It will surely be a major adjustment for us in many ways, and we'd appreciate your prayers during this transition. We can't wear our jammies all morning long, we'll have to pack our lunches and won't be here to have lunch with Bruce each day, our dog Molly is going to have to get used to being home alone a lot more, and I'm going to have to write up lesson plans and turn in report cards. I'll have Pep Band at the football and basketball games and the kids will have homework to do. All that, and I have NO idea when I'm going to do the laundry or clean the house...I better get on the FlyLady website and get to work on my control journal!

2 comments:

missy said...

you are all going to do great! i'm sad and happy for you all at the same time, but rejoice that you heard the Lord and are following Him!

Dillan Family said...

you will do great. all of you. we'll be praying for a super-smooth transition. maybe bruce can clean house during lunch...:)

just trying to help big brother!