Saturday, April 18, 2009

A bright green cast

Yep, a bright green cast....that's what Amanda chose for her broken arm. Her first cast....after she was JUST telling Grandma the night before that she's never had surgery and never broken a bone.

The Lincoln Christian Parent Teacher Fellowship sponsors a few roller skating nights throughout the school year and Bruce took our kids on Thursday night. ( He is SUCH a FABULOUS Dad!!!) Anyway, partway through the night she fell and tried to "catch herself" with her right hand....then she skated around the rest of the night holding on to it because it hurt. Then, about 1:00 in the morning, she woke up just screaming in pain. We got her Tyelnol and ice and she got through the night, but took her to the doctor the next morning. Sure enough, 6 weeks in a cast for her. And, of course, it is her right hand....so we'll see how much "normal stuff" she can do....school, trumpet, piano, basketball.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Oh, no! How far does the cast go up? I fractured my right wrist in 6th grade, but my cast only went up to my elbow so I could move my whole arm up and down to write. Or I did some things left-handed, but it took a little longer. This will be a lesson in patience for ALL of you, no doubt.

It was great seeing you Thursday. Thanks again for lunch and the great conversation. Love you, friend.