Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I just see Alex


Alex has been wanting a mohawk for the longest time and he finally won me over (with some extra convincing from Daddy!) and here he is. We all had some good talks before hand about what we think when we see people with mohawks - or big tattoos or piercings. It has been a really good lesson, especially for me, in not judging people by how they look. Now when I see him like this, I just see Alex - my sweet, sweet boy who loves to help people who are hurting, who is witty and clever, and is my big teddy bear! I hope my kids learn half as much from me as I learn from them!

3 comments:

Dillan Family said...

i love it! wish i could rub the fuzzy/pokey thing in person.

Brenda said...

Those are some big muscles there.

C said...

DS11 is about to get a mohawk.

Of course, he would have gotten it today, but the 'ole RAD was getting the better of him yesterday, and he asked dh about 400 times when he could do it.

So, now he has to wait a week. I told him he could ask again next Monday. If he asks before that, he has to wait ANOTHER week.

He gave me a hum-dinger of a look for that one.